Troubleshooting for Automated Packaging Lines
Kraken Automation has a particular expertise in troubleshooting packaging automation line problems such as inefficiencies, bottlenecks and system unreliability. Kraken works collaboratively with process manufacturers to identify the exact root causes of problems – determining why it’s occurring by doing an in-depth analysis of the entire packing automation system. This approach allows Kraken to pinpoint whether the issue is a result of man, machine, or materials.
Once Kraken identifies the exact cause of the problem(s), it develops a detailed plan to permanently eliminate it. By concentrating on root causes, regardless of where they exist, manufacturers can be assured that Kraken’s recommendations are not just quick fixes, and that they will eliminate the issues causing the problems for good. Kraken provides detailed costs associated with problem resolution, along with a return on investment analysis based on the resulting performance improvements.
The Troubleshooting Process
- Identify key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Review existing line performance and identify potential problem points, bottlenecks, inefficiencies or points of failure
- Use tools such as proprietary Kraken Automation monitoring tools, high speed video, and probes to pinpoint the precise cause(s) of the problems being experienced
Troubleshooting Process Deliverables
- Problem resolution recommendations including a detailed corrective action and verification testing plan
- Best Value Option Analysis (BVOA) to determine the best course of action
- Detailed budget to resolve the problem/optimize performance
- A return on investment analysis based on packaging automation line performance improvements