- Process Optimization - Improved system performance by providing
dynamic, continuous monitoring, automatic control strategy formulation and
responsive control using software algorithms, resulting in reduced operating
costs and compliance with regulatory standards.
- Reduced Downtime - Minimization of production downtime by providing
practically maintenance free solutions achieved by means of eliminating
mechanical shafts and gears.
- Open Information Access - Access of data collected by the SCADA system
to other administrative and engineering applications such as GIS, CAD,
maintenance management, etc., thereby enhancing production and
Advantages of Servo Technology for the end user:
- Easier to apply standards.
- Reduced capital and operating costs.
- Reduced spare parts inventory.
- Reduced maintenance.
- Higher degree of reliability due to drive accuracy and
- Improved machine diagnostics.
- Improved machine flexibility for alternate product
Side by side comparison between mechanical and electronic machines found that the new technology dramatically impacted packaging line performance:
- Greater than 10% improvement in equipment performance.
- 75% reduction in changeover
time (based on recent installation).
- 60% averaged reduction in
- 40% improvement in recovery
time when jams occurred.
- Most trouble shooting done at operator level (reduced nuisance